How much knowledge do we take for granted on a given day? You can’t really know the answer. It is what Donald Rumsfeld would call “unknown.” You just don’t know what you don’t know.
Which can be even more devastating when you think you know something but you don’t. Confused yet?
This is life. There are surprises around every corner, just where you least expect them. The good news, however, is that lives don’t have to be in danger.
So how many of these do you really know, and how many did you think you knew?
1. The Easter Island heads have entire bodies buried beneath them:
You can learn much more about them in this fantastic article about the mystery of the Easter heads.
2. Great Britain coins are made from an image of the country’s coat of arms.
3. For most new cars, when the car battery dies, you can still access an old lock.
4. Dogs drink water by forming a small cup with the back of their tongue.
5. In 2008, Norway knighted a penguin named Nils Olav, the mascot of the Norwegian Royal Guard.
6. Chickens can float like ducks.
7. There’s a less messy way to eat cupcakes.
8. There is also an easier way to leave the cap on the gas tank.
Where the arrow points, it is made to leave the lid.